Most people like to plan ahead and with the summer of 2022 waving goodbye, now is the ideal time to think about next summer’s holiday. There are benefits when booking holidays early and if you have yet to ponder potential destinations, here are a few of the top-rated vacation destinations to consider.
- Safari in Namibia – This unique nation has a coastline border along the west with the Atlantic, which means you can combine some beach time with wildlife observations in the National Park. See the big 5 animals in their natural habitat and English-speaking guides enrich the experience, while you enjoy luxury accommodation in safari tents, with 5-star service and all the amenities one would expect on a premier safari.
- Phuket, Thailand – The best 4-star hotel in Phuket is not only affordable, it is right on the beach and the nightlife is something else! There are direct flights into Phuket, which means you don’t have to deal with Bangkok, which can be stressful. The Andaman Sea is well worth exploring, with snorkeling and scuba diving; you can swim with whale sharks and bottle-nose dolphins and laze around the pool with your favourite cocktail. Booking early means the lowest rates and Phuket is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world.
- Luxury train journey – Why not book the holiday of a lifetime on the Trans-Siberian Express, which can take you from Moscow to Beijing, this epic route is the longest train journey in the world. You could enjoy a 7-night excursion through the Swiss Alps, or take the train from Vienna to Istanbul; check out the website of a leading UK luxury train tour operator, where you’ll find details of their many routes. Click here for tips on how to handle a financial crisis.
- Extreme Activities, Queenstown, New Zealand – If you are an adrenalin addict, Queenstown is the place for you; whether jumping from the bungee platform at Nevis, a sheer 440ft drop, or riding the jetboat, as you pass only inches from sheer rock walls. Spend some time researching the many extreme activities on offer when you visit Queenstown, which is in the southwest part of the southern island. The long list includes skiing, waterskiing, bungee jumping, whitewater rafting, sky-diving and freefall parachuting.
- Golfing holiday in Portugal – One of the most popular golfing destinations in Europe, the Algarve region of Portugal is home to lush green courses and you can actually stay on a golfing complex and play to your heart’s content. Portugal is very underrated regarding tourism and the summer months are the best time to visit. Many Brits have retired in sunny Portugal and who could blame them?
Of course, there are many other options regarding travel and we think the above 5 ideas might be enough to give you the inspiration to choose the right holiday.